Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday - September 01, 2009 - HOW YOU CAN HELP!!

Hello, I am sorry I am not getting a chance to write as much as I would like but early days still so I tend to be grabbing for the camera first rather than the pen.

In any case…will be sharing some of that video with you this evening from an incredibly life changing experience this morning. We helped hand out donations to those desperately in need at one of Afghanistan’s MANY refugee camps…

(Video blogs available for those part of the facebook group as I can not post here – pls contact me if you wish the video blogs but are not a member of Facebook)

Many of you have been getting in touch wanting information on how you can help…well I will be meeting many orphanages throughout the month and will post their details as they come in however the one orphanage supporting me thoroughly is the Mehan Orphanage home to 40-60 girls at a time. Their sister/brother orphanage where the boys stay is Sitar 2. Sponsoring one of these children provides them with not just the basics to survive but a REAL chance at a future that will hopefully CHANGE THIS COUNTRY.

For more info visit http://www.afceco.org/
To sponsor a children visit https://www.charityhelp.org/afceco

If you wish to read more about life at Mehan…check out Ian Pounds blog http://omprakash.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=15. He is an American volunteer who has been living with the girls for the last 5 months. He leaves tomorrow so today has been a rather somber one at the orphanage.

Until tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment